Advance Design was specifically developed for industry professionals that require a superior solution for the structural analysis and design of Reinforced Concrete, Steel and Timber structures according to the latest versions of Eurocodes (EC0, EC1, EC2, EC3, EC5 and EC8), North American (ACI / AISC) codes and Canadian codes(A23.3, S16).
Advance Design features include easy modeling, a powerful FEM analysis engine, top-level design wizards, automated post-processing of results and automated detailed reports. Achieve a new level of computer-assisted engineering with Advance Design!
Fast and easy modeling
Advance Design has a complete library of structural elements, supports and loads. Those easily customizable elements adapt to all situations: numerical eccentricities, braces, ties with initial prestressing… The CAD has advanced functions and stay easy to use:
- Levels concept: input a column using a single click, a wall using two.
- Properties templates on linear and planar elements.
- Elements snap points enable different actions: stretch, trim or extend, copy, move, etc…
- Use of multiple viewports enable simultaneous work in several viewpoints and visualization modes.
- Command lines functions and script saving functionalities.
- Display mode of elements as “linear contour”, “hidden faces” or “realistic rendering”.
- Ability to input elements in a 2D workplane or in a user defined coordinate system (Cartesian or polar).
- BIM Center toolbar to import-export-synchronize with different standard formats: GTC (Graitec BIM file), IFC, SNDF, PSS, CIS/2, DXF…
For loadings, the generation of climatic and seismic actions is also automated:
- 2D & 3D climatic generator for wind and snow effects, CAD tools to fine-tune an imported model (check control, magnetic nodes, auto trim &extend, projection on plane…)
- Seismical spectrums generator.
- Time history analysis wizard…
Advance Design integrates the latest publications of Eurocodes with several national appendixes (Concrete, Steel and Timber design) and American codes (Concrete and Steel design):
- Automatic generation of EC8 envelope spectrums.
- Climatic loads on single roofs, multiple roofs, opened buildings and snow accumulation on roofs with negative slope.
- Complete management of load cases and families combinations, through a concomitance matrix.
- Deign and optimization of concrete, steel and timber members.
- Fire design for concrete, steel and timber materials.
- Connections design according EC3 and American codes (AISC).
- Punching verification on slabs according EC2.
- Automatic calculation of dynamic coefficient CsCd according EN1991-1-4.
The 2014 version of Advance Design comes with even more features:
- New detailed design capabilities for Reinforced Concrete columns
- 2D climatic generator according EN1991-1-3 & EN1991-1-4.
- Import & export of support actions
- Automatic support stiffness calculation
Competitive meshing and finite elements calculation
- Wide range of linear element types: pre-stressed cables, ties, gaps, etc.
- Advanced meshing engine: “grid” or Delaunay mesh algorithm, finite elements with 3, 4, 6 or 9 nodes, progressive meshing, refinement tools, global mesh parameters
- Static, dynamic, non-linear analyses, large displacements, generalized buckling, etc.
- Extended solver capabilities due to enhanced memory management
- Boundary conditions on planar elements (membranes, plates, shells) ⇒ possibility to define a total or partial release.
- Multi-core finite elements engine.
- Automatic extension of lintels over walls modelled as shells.
- Full 64 bits application.
- Automated post-processing and updating of all result types (finite elements, reinforced concrete, steelwork) within a fully integrated environment
- Several post-processing methods: graphical results, result curves, stresses diagrams, calculation reports
- Recording of graphical animation, either of the input model or the analysis model
- Fully customizable design reports: styles, tables and graphical images, cover sheet, user input text, linked documents, etc.
- Automatic peak smoothing zones above columns and point supports.
- Torsors postprocessing on linear footings.
- Table with Storey drift on concrete buildings.
- Internal forces clipping options useful for industrial Concrete, Steel and Timber buildings.
- Advanced tools to post process the stresses on sections.
- Post-processing grid on planar elements with user settings independent from the mesh size
Reinforced Concrete Design
- The “design template” concept allows for the grouping of elements by their design properties: concrete quality, cracking hypotheses, concrete cover, etc.
- Calculation of theoretical reinforcement sections of linear and planar elements
- Determination of 3D interaction curves on an arbitrary section
- Obtainment of the theoretical reinforcement ratios
- Global design reports include the “concrete” results
- Detailed Crack width analysis and concrete-steel stress calculation according real reinforcement on beams and columns.
- Detailed Crack width verification on plates.
- Automatic cracked inertia calculation.
- New Baumann method for reinforcement design on planar elements.
- Detailed design reports.
- Detailed punching verification on slabs
- Capacity design check
- Connection design according to Eurocode 3 and American codes
- “Design Template” concept to group elements by design properties (buckling lengths, lateral-torional buckling restraints, deflections, durability and fire resistance…)
- Shape optimization through automated calculation cycles.
- Detailed shape sheets providing article reference, formulas and intermediate values
- All design checks and graphical results included in the global report
The new connection design module allows calculating connections according the EC3 or the American Steel code:
- Specific toolbar to model the connection with a direct access to the detailed parameters through a property list.
- Possibility to design the following connections types:
- Splice joints.
- Apex haunch connections.
- Haunch joints.
- Tubes connections.
- Clip angles connections.
- Gusset plate connections.
- Synthetic tables and calculation report to design those connections.
- Improved connection design engine with advanced tools for element collision detection
Result Memory technology. How does it work?
When a graphical view is stored in memory, Advance Design not only saves the current image, but also the context that generated this image: view angle, zoom, filter of displayed elements, colors and display characteristics, nature of results (iso-values of displacements, values of theoretical reinforcement, magnified stresses), load cases, units, etc.
The views saved, using this technology, may be inserted in a design report, whose global content (current hypotheses, results, graphical views) may also be stored in memory. During each calculation iteration, Advance Design automatically recreates all the graphical views and rewrites the design report using the specified criteria.
- Advanced options for workspace customization
- Dock and undock the different environment components using docking guides
- Display, hide and auto-hide options for the interface components
- Enhanced icon caption readability
GRAITEC and ArcelorMittal signed a strategic partnership agreement to enhance GRAITEC’s engineering solutions and to facilitate access of design offices and steel structural workers to ArcelorMittal products.
Advance Design provides the option to define cellular beams in the 3D model (with a real OpenGL rendering) and to design them according to EC3 with the Arcelor’s module.
BIM technology : GRAITEC software interoperability and integration
All Graitec programs can now easily communicate with the new BIM format, that allows the exchange of models between applications and also the models synchronization, with no data loss and no need to re-input data!